Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 2: Tune into Technology

I know, I know, it's not Thursday, but it's the first chance that I've had to sit down and focus on my blog.  I'm liking up with iTeach1:1 and Learning to the Core for a second week of integrating technology.  Here it goes....

Week 2 Theme: Integrating Technology into Math

Here's two easy ways to integrate technology into your daily math:

1. Sumdog - I've talked about Sumdog earlier and it's one of the easiest ways to incorporate technology into math.  I've been using Sumdog as a tool for summer math practice, but I'm excited to have my new students use Sumdog during the school year as a math station.

2. ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard- It's Monday morning and you're fresh off the weekend only to discover that you have a student with not one, but two broken wrists.  What are you to do?  Don't laugh....it happened!  Enter the app, ShowMe.  I had the student use the ShowMe to complete our math lessons without missing a beat.  He enjoyed using the app and so did the rest of the class too!  They loved the fact that they could write on the iPad and have it appear on our projector.


Enjoy,

1 comment:

  1. Sumdog is one of my kiddos' favorite math centers. They love playing against each other and I love that they even play it at home. Show Me is a great app. I use it lots during math and plan on using it even more this year. Thanks for linking up with us!:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete