Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Holy Heat!

Holy heat!  It's been a hot one these past two days and I don't think that today is going to get any better. Which is why it's a perfect day to relax in the pool!  Before, I head out though, I wanted to scream and shout because I've been nominated for the Liebster Award from Lovely Nina at Lovely Little Learners.

The Liebster Award is an honorary award given to blogs with less than 200 followers by other people in the blogging community.  If you are nominated, then you tell a little bit about yourself, and then you nominate other new bloggers who you enjoy. It's a little like a chain letter.



To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them

Here are my nominees of some awesome bloggers:
Jennifer @ The Curious Apple
Sarah @ MissKinBK

Here are the questions from Lovely Nina for me:
1. How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging for a little over a year now! :)
2. What is one thing you did this summer that you enjoyed? How about one thing that I'm planning to do this summer which is taking a paddle board lesson!
3. What is one teacherpayteacher product that you sell that you love? Readbox Book Recommendations (JUST POSTED)
4. Where were you born/where do you now live?  I was born in Hoffman Estates and I currently live in McHenry.
5. What is one of your pet peeves? When people are fake!  Don't act!  Just be yourself!
6. What is your favorite meal? Mostacholi
7. What is your favorite movie? Don't laugh...I love The Polar Express.
8. Why did you want to become a teacher? I wanted to become a teacher because I knew that it my heart it was something that I would love doing.  Also, I never dread a Monday morning rolling around because I'm doing what I love.
9. What is your favorite teacher item? Mr. Sketch markers
10. What are your hobbies? DIY, Blogging, Technology, Cake & Cupcake Decorating
11. What is one thing you will be doing different/changing for the new school year?  This year I am going to incorporate more technology and get back to the fun aspects of teaching.
11 RANDOM FACTS

1. The initials of my name spell ALF.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. I would love to go to Greece at some point in my life.
4. I feel like (or maybe I know) I have an un-diagnosed case of OCD.
5. I love lists and crossing things off.
6. I love to decorate cupcakes and cakes.
7. I hate doing laundry and cleaning the bathroom.
8. I feel like I can't cook unless I have a recipe.
9. I just moved into a new house a year ago and we're throwing a one year party in August!
10. I turned country in college and don't plan on changing.
11. Have you figured out that I love turtles?

Now, here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What is something that you wish you had more time for?
2. What is your favorite meal to make?
3. If you had a ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
4. What is your favorite teacher item in your classroom?
5. What is your favorite book to read to your class?
6. What is your favorite product on Teachers Pay Teachers?
7. Where did you go to college and what was your best memory?
8. What do you plan to change for this school year?
9. What is something that you're really excited about?
10. What did you watch on TV last night?

Enjoy, 

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I heart your turtles on your blog too!
    -Lovely Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me Amy, but I don't have the time to answer all the fun questions--too busy working on making some TpT products to actually sell (instead of just freebies). BTW, I love cake/cupcake decorating too : )
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award! I just found your blog through the Workshop Wednesday... It is crazy hot up here in Canada too!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete